Club members and friends,
It’s August and we at SNBC Cycling are in search of the local mountain goat! This month’s challenge will dare you to find and ride as much elevation on your rides as possible for chance to be the King of the Mountain, at least in southern Illinois. Whether your ride has 20 feet of elevation gain or 4000 feet, every foot counts and we’ve got some awesome prizes to prove it.
For our August challenge, we are offering up prizes from our friends at Cycle1 Bikes and Fitness of Benton, St. Nicholas Brewing Company, Wichmann Vineyard, and Jacob’s Air Conditioning and Heating, as well as the coveted “Mountain Goat Prize Pack”! Not only will riders be trying to climb as much as possible to be THE top climber in southern Illinois, riders will also have a chance to win a prize every ten days just for having an entry. Read below for more details and let the climbing begin.
RULES AND ALL THAT
1. The August climbing challenge begins today, August 1, 2021 and ends on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
2. Riders will attempt to tally as many feet in elevation gain (on a bike) as they can throughout August. Every time a rider completes a ride, he or she should send us a picture of their ride’s elevation gain via email at email@example.com or on our facebook page. Ride amounts should be sent within 24 hours of completing a ride.
3. We at SNBC Cycling will keep track of riders’ elevation gains throughout the month and will keep a tally that we will share on facebook. If you have a dispute with our tally or we’ve missed one of your rides, just let us know and we can make an update.
4. At the end of the month, the rider with the highest total elevation gain will receive our Mountain Goat Prize Pack, which includes plenty of polka dot swag (socks, water bottle, sunglasses) as well as a special polka dot growler filled with delicious St. Nick beer! We will also include free bragging rights for one full year as you ride with pride in your climbing prowess.
5. The three riders with the highest elevation gains for the month will be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Cycle1 Bikes and Fitness of Benton as well as a $25 gift certificate to St. Nicholas Brewing Company.
6. Every eight days, we will randomly select one rider to receive a prize from either Wichmann Vineyard or Jacobs Air Conditioning and Heating.
7. All rides must be done outdoors, no Zwift entries.
8. Rides should be at least five miles in length.
9. Mountain Goat prize pack and bragging rights can only be granted to members of SNBC Cycling. Want to look good and show everyone how dominate you are on a climb? You gotta join the club.
10. Ride high and let’s have fun!